Youth Savings Accounts
Armco CU Youth Savings Accounts offer the same value as our adult accounts. The difference is partnering with parents to teach financial responsibility. We offer special incentives for youth based on age – the Piggy Bank Program for children up to age 7 and the Banzai Course Program for ages 8-17.
$5 Minimum Balance
Earn Armco Bucks
Basic Features for all Youth Savings Accounts
- $5.00 minimum balance
- No maintenance fees
- Earn the same tiered interest rates as the adult savings account View Rates Here
- Opportunity to earn “Armco Bucks” if youth completes age appropriate tasks
- ATM and Mastercard® Debit card available with parental consent. Youth must complete the age appropriate Banzai course to receive card. Click for details
- Free access to cuEARN, our app linking parent and youth accounts.
- Requires a joint parent/guardian on the account.
- Armco CU membership required for child.
Youth Accounts for Ages 7 and Under
Our Youth Savings Account program for children up to 7 years old introduces your child to the basic concept of money –
to recognize coins and begin correlating savings with rewards.
- Same Youth Savings Account features listed above
- Earn Armco Bucks with the Piggy Bank Program
- Learn that saving is fun as you watch your account grow!
Piggy Bank Program
- Receive an official Armco CU Piggy Bank when you open a Youth Savings Account for children 7 and under.
- Fill the official piggy bank with coins
- Redeem the official piggy bank in person. Kids love emptying the piggy bank into our coin machine! Deposit the money in the Youth Savings Account and we’ll reward you with an additional 5% of the piggy banks total*. (This is what we refer to as Armco Bucks!)
- You may redeem the official piggy bank up to 6x per year to receive Armco Bucks.
- Piggy Bank must be redeemed in person to receive Armco Bucks.
- At this time, only the Butler main office has a coin machine. The new Mars branch will have one this spring.
- Certain Terms and Conditions apply
Youth Accounts for Ages 8-17
Our Youth Savings Account program for ages 8-17 provides kids, tweens and teens with the foundation to make good financial decisions now and throughout life.
- Same Youth Savings Account features listed above
- Earn $50 Armco Bucks by completing the age appropriate Banzai course*
- Gain confidence, responsibility and independence
Banzai is our web-based financial education partner. They offer three educational courses as well as articles, personal coaches and financial calculators.
All members of your family are welcome to use Banzai’s resources!
There are three Banzai courses. Each is intended for a specific age.
for Ages 8-12
Operate a lemonade stand
for Ages 13-15
Navigate real-life financial scenarios
for Ages 16-17
Learn to budget and build credit
To earn $50 Armco Bucks, complete your age appropriate course. Each course contains a pretest, interactive game and post-test. Once you complete a course, you will receive a Certificate of Completion. Redeem the certificate at Armco CU and we’ll deposit $50 into your Youth Savings Account*. UTMA accounts are not eligible to receive Armco Bucks.
The courses are web-based and may be completed on any device (desktop, tablet or smart phone). The course saves progress so kids and teens may work at their own pace.
Certain Terms and Conditions apply
How to Redeem Certificate for Armco Bucks
- Complete your age-appropriate Banzai course. A certificate will be displayed at the end of the course.
- Print or screenshot the certificate.
- Bring your certificate into any branch OR redeem by scanning or taking a screenshot of the certificate. Please email to: email@example.com In the email you must include the following information:
- Youth name
- Daytime phone number (Parent phone number for kids under 13 required)
- User name/e-mail address you used to register in the Banzai course. (You must include to verify course completion)
- $50 Armco Bucks will be deposited into your Youth Savings Account once Banzai has verified completion of the course*. Please allow 3-5 business days. Terms & Conditions apply.
4 convenient ways to open an account
At Any Branch
Call Any Branch
*As of August 1, 2021 11:35 pm EST, the Annual Percentage Yield for a savings account is 0.1501% The Dividend Rate is 0.15%. The Dividend Rate and Annual Percentage Yield are variable and may change every month as determined by the credit union board of directors. Time frame to obtain bonus valid through 12/31/21. Minimum balance to open an account is $5.00. Allow 3-5 business days for bonus money to be applied to account.
Armco CU protects the information privacy of our younger members. We do not knowingly collect, maintain, or use personal information about children under age 13 from our website. If a person sends personal information to us through any online service and identifies himself or herself as being under the age of 13, we will only use that information to respond directly to that child or to notify the parents. We will not retain such information unless we obtain parental consent.