Beaver Valley Chapter of Credit Unions Scholarships
Beaver Valley Chapter of Credit Unions
Armco Credit Union is a member of the Beaver Valley Chapter of Credit Unions, a coalition of area credit unions. As a member of Armco CU, students may be eligible to apply for one of five scholarships offered by this organization. The scholarship amounts range from $500 to $1,500.
Please note this is a separate program from the Armco Scholarships and has different requirements. You are welcome to apply for both scholarships if you meet the criteria. Armco CU is not involved in establishing guidelines or selecting recipients of the Beaver Valley scholarships.
Eligibility requirements include:
- Freshman, sophomore, junior and senior students pursuing a two-year or four-year degree at an accredited trade/technical school or college.
- The student must have been a member of Armco Credit Union for at least six months.
- Applicant must have a minimum 2.5 GPA.
- Completed application, official transcripts, and 500 word essay required.
- Deadline: applications packets must be mailed to New Alliance FCU and received by March 1, 2022. Please do not send or drop off at an Armco CU branch.
Armco CU invests in a variety of educational resources to assist students and their families. We invite members to utilize these free resources for free financial advice and guidance. This is another membership benefit of Armco CU.
Edmit – College planning website. Learn the value of your colleges you apply to and how to pay for it.
Banzai – Read articles & use interactive coaches.
Filling out the FASFA Coach – Learn how to apply for federal student aid.
Student Loans – Armco CU student loans are designed to fill the funding gaps that may exist after all lower-cost sources of aid (including scholarships, grants, and federal direct subsidized and unsubsidized loans) have been exhausted.
eNEWS – Sign up for our monthly e-newsletter for announcements, specials, and links to financial resources.