5 Smart End-of-Year Money Moves to Make Now
As 2021 quickly approaches, it’s time to start thinking about your year-end money strategy. Use these strategies to make the rest of the year count.
1. Clean out your closet. You looked into your closet and decided you have nothing to wear. Before buying new clothes, pull out your winter clothes. Try them on to make sure they still fit and are in good condition. Donate what you no longer wish to keep.
2. Add holidays into your budget. This year, some holiday celebrations could be virtual. But there’s still a chance you may overspend on gifts and decorations. If you haven’t already made a holiday budget, do so now. Figure out how much you can afford to spend and stick to that amount. Plan a budget in 15 minutes using our free budgeting calculators at https://armcocu.learnbanzai.com/wellness/calculators
3. Up your 401(k). If your budget can handle it, why not increase your retirement deductions by 1%? The more you save now, the more tax benefits you’ll get, AND the less you have to worry about the future.
4. Spend your Flexible Spending Account (FSA) dollars. Use it or lose it. You’ve already saved this money, so don’t leave it on the table. Check your FSA documentation to see what health-related expenses you can use this account for and use those dollars.
5. Plan to use your vacation days. Using your vacation days is key to living a successful, balanced life. Even if you have a staycation, it’s critical to use your well-deserved days off. If you plan now, you can even save for a weekend getaway before the end of the year. Life is all about balance. As the weather turns colder, it’s a great time to reflect on the money progress you’ve made throughout the past year and start focusing on small wins to finish the year right. Don’t forget to check out our free financial articles, financial calculators and online coaching at https://www.armcocu.com/financial-literacy-for-members /