5 Reasons Credit Unions Offer the Best Auto Loans
The average cost of a new vehicle today is around $37,000.
The purchase of a car likely will be the second largest expenditure you have, second only to the purchase of a home. Whether you desire the shiny, brand new one, or if you are content with finding a reliable used one, we want to help you to get the most for your money.
You can trust that Armco Credit Union will always have your back. Our profits are returned to members in the form of lower loan rates and more flexible loan options. If you don’t like the pressure of working with lenders from a commercial bank, a credit union is the answer.
Here are five reasons it makes more sense to get your loan through Armco Credit Union.
- We have lower rates. A five-year term is the most common loan term for a new or used car, and rates at a credit union are typically much lower than the average rate at a competitor bank. The savings in interest alone is a major reason to consider this financing. Just think of what you can do with that money.
- With us, you have a better chance of getting your loan approved. Even though the loan application process is the same and the underwriting process is similar, a credit union may make some adjustments that a commercial bank would not. We know our members by name, not a number, so we are more inclined to listen to a members’ needs and unique situations—sometimes adjusting terms of a loan accordingly.
- We offer a non-sales approach. Unlike commercial banks, which often give their lenders bonuses or some type of compensation for the loans they get approved, credit unions are not-for-profit financial institutions and work for their members so we do not try to sell you something you don’t need.
- We provide personalized service. Because a credit union is a non-profit organization, we work to provide members with high-quality customer service. Operations decisions are made by a group of volunteer board members rather than a corporate office. You can openly discuss your concerns about your loan, talk about flexible repayment options, and review your financial situation with a lending officer. This can alleviate some of the pressure of applying and securing financing for your vehicle and you can be more confident that the credit union is working with your best interests in mind.
- We offer educational resources. We provide information such as financing options and how to make the best decisions when assessing the value of your car purchase. If you’re a first-time car buyer and apprehensive about the loan process, you can turn to Armco Credit Union for unbiased answers.